Sleepy time tea is wonderful, but wait until you try this homemade nighttime drink recipe! Treat yourself before bed and get better sleep too!
- 2 cups drinking water
- 2 tbsp dried chamomile in a tea bag or 2 chamomile tea sachets (organic if possible)
- 1-3 tsp cold-pressed coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened plant milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
(a pinch of black pepper, optional)
- 1 tbsp raw honey (Manuka honey if possible) or more to taste
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Turn off the heat, then add chamomile and let steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Discard the chamomile.
- Now stir in milk, coconut oil, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, (black pepper) and honey.
- Taste and add more honey, coconut oil or spices if you prefer.
- Re-heat on low heat if needed. Enjoy!
Any warm drink before bed is soothing and comforting but with ingredients like chamomile, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and honey, this drink also has health benefits.
- Chamomile promotes relaxation and sleep, while also lowering blood sugar and aiding with cramps (ladies, it’s great for certain times of the month).
- Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory with long-term benefits of preventing heart disease and symptoms of arthritis.
- Ginger improves digestion and reduces inflammation (great for colds or nausea).
- Cinnamon regulates blood sugar and is packed full of antioxidant.
- Manuka honey ties all the ingredients together, emphasizing benefits from them all as its renowned for its antiviral, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits.