Sleepy time tea is wonderful, but wait until you try this homemade nighttime drink recipe! Treat yourself before bed and get better sleep too!
- 2 cups drinking water
- 2 tbsp dried chamomile in a tea bag or 2 chamomile tea sachets (organic if possible)
- 1-3 tsp cold-pressed coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened plant milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
(a pinch of black pepper, optional)
- 1 tbsp raw honey (Manuka honey if possible) or more to taste
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Turn off the heat, then add chamomile and let steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Discard the chamomile.
- Now stir in milk, coconut oil, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, (black pepper) and honey.
- Taste and add more honey, coconut oil or spices if you prefer.
- Re-heat on low heat if needed. Enjoy!